Welcome to Madrid
The Church of Paloma is the popular name for the church of the San Pedro el Real parish, a catholic temple located in the La Latina quarter. Inside it is one of the most devote images for the Madrid Catholics, the painting of Our Lady of Soledad, known as the Virgin of Paloma.
The present church, inaugurated in 1912, stands on the site of the original chapel erected at the end of the 18th century. This was demolished in the year 1896 and replaced by a Neo-Mudejar style building, with some Neo-Gothic elements. In 1978, the church was rebuilt and the pews were laid out very differently to other churches, creating an assembly around the altar and the baptismal font.