Located in the Barrio de las Letras, this convent was initially founded in 1612 around a modest church, where the writer Miguel de Cervantes was buried in 1616. This building was demolished, and architect Marcos López built the current Baroque church in 1668. Work began on the convent in 1718.
The small church has a Latin cross floor plan with a single nave. Inside there is a large Baroque altar painting. The convent, in turn, has a courtyard, cloisters and cells. It was renovated in subsequent years but has always retained its restrained facade.
In 2015, the remains of Miguel de Cervantes were found, and they were laid to rest in a monument built in his honour inside the church, which can be visited.