Welcome to Madrid
The main site of the Tribunal de Cuentas (Court of Auditors) is located in this palatial building in Calle Fuencarral, designed by Francisco Jareño y Alarcón and constructed between 1860 and 1863. It was built on the site occupied previously by the manor house of the Count of Aranda, bought subsequently by Ferdinand VII and turned into the Barracks of the Royal Guards, and later into the country home of the Count of Vocinguerra de Arcos.
The style of construction steers clear of the conventional classicism of the age, with clean lines and restrained decorative elements. It sprawls over the entire block and is structured around a central courtyard. There is a semi-basement level, an elevated ground floor, a main floor, and two upper floors.