Located in the district of Austrias, the Lujanes' Tower and House is one of the oldest preserved houses in Madrid and in it for several centuries different generations of the lineage of Luján have resided. It is believed to have been built during the fifteenth century, but in reality, both the manor house and the tower date from different periods.
The tower is the oldest building, it presents even medieval Gothic and Arabic inspired architectural remains, such as the horseshoe arch that faces la calle del Codo. The manor house was built by Alvaro Lujan in 1494, is of an irregular plan, organized around a central courtyard and features decorations similar to those of the tower, highlighting its Gothic roots and coats of arms.
It now houses the Real Academia de Ciencias Morales y Políticas.