Construction of the current church began in 1889 under the leadership of Francisco de Cubas, the Marquis of Cubas, with construction being halted by lack of funds. Work resumed in 1899 with the help of public subscription and was completed in 1902.
The present church is of Gothic style in brick and white stone from Colmenar. The main façade has a pointed arch, topped by a triangular pediment which is topped by a cross. The central area of the cover shows embossing by Aniceto Marinas, Apoteosis de la Cruz Above this porch is a large rose window and over it a great clock.
The plan consists of a nave with eight side chapels. Inside, it highlights the painting of the Virgen de la Cinta, patron saint of the city of Huelva. This temple is canonically a brotherhood based subsidiary of Huelva is located in the nearby Lavapies district.