Located in Hapsburg Madrid, this palace is one of the few examples that remain of noble residential architecture from the 17th century. It is still not known for certain who designed it, but there are some intellectuals who attribute its lines to the famous Madrid architect Francisco de Mora and others to Captain Alonso de Trujillo, who built the Villa de Lerma. What they do agree on is that the architect Juan Gómez de Mora, nephew of the aforementioned Francisco, took part in its construction from the time the work started in 1611.
It was conceived with a certain similarity to the Hapsburg Alcázar, as it had the appearance of a fort; it had two interior patios; and no shortage of spires in the Flemish style, which have now disappeared. In 1615, the duke founded the Santísimo Sacramento Convent as an annex to the palace. As a whole, its shape and size reflected the magnificence and power of the Duke of Uceda in the times of Felipe III. Currently, this magnificent building houses the offices of the Council of State.