This fountain, also known as Fountain of Diana, takes its name from the square, a wooden cross painted green being the sign identifying places where the Inquisition carried out executions. The sculptures of Diana and the dolphins were originally part of the Fuente de Puerta Cerrada. It was inaugurated in 1850.
The fountain stands against the wall of the garden of the Bernardas del Santísimo Sacramento convent. The style is by no means baroque and its simplicity is more in keeping with a conventional neighbourhood fountain. In the upper part of the central panel, the city’s arms, showing the bear and the strawberry tree, can be seen, with the spout of the fountain below them. The fountain is topped by the figure of Diana the huntress, wearing a short tunic, together with two dolphins.