Built in 1911, this is one of the first buildings constructed at the Gran Vía. Although it was originally built as a hotel, this historic building was purchased at the end of the 1940’s by a banking institution for the purpose of converting it into offices. To that end, it underwent a complete alteration.
The façade is very plain and decorated only with small garlands above its windows, emulating an ancient Roman style (remember--it is named Hotel Roma). Originally, a great sculpture of the Loba Capitolina was exhibited in the current shrine-rotunda, which enhanced the corner. Many of the neighbouring buildings have been recently converted into hotels, but the old Roma has not returned to its original use and instead has been re-altered to become the Council of Justice for the Community of Madrid.