In 1798, the architect Manuel Bradi reformed the buildings of the San Ildefonso square and this chemist’s has always been there since then. There was a previous chemist’s registered in that same place before that date.
All its historical data was researched and published in the magazine “La Farmacia de la Plaza de San Ildefonso (Madrid) “by D. Javier Puerto which shows that D, Lucas López Moya was the first chemist. He was a member of the San Lucas and Nuestra Señora de la Purificación Congregations, as it is shown in the Public Notary Protocols Archives of Madrid. He was also the notary of the Spanish Holy Inquisition.