Probably, it did start at Plaza Mayor in the middle of the XIX century in premises over the Zamora stationer’s. More accurate information shows that Eladio Gurumela opened at 15 Cuchilleros St., the 2nd of January, in 1900.
Those families used to pay 30 pesetas a year for their son’s haircut each fifteen days and a weekly beard shave. Haircuts were 50 cents each. Rafael López and Alfonso Sánchez, the current owners and the old clerks have preserved the blue and red striped painted front in the traditional style and the American hairdresser’s chairs, metal wicker ones which were very common in Spain during the 20’s.