There is little known about this place’s history. The pharmacy has a beautiful red wooden front which is painted in white over black background. We might infer that its founder could have been Dr. Manuel Pardo y Bartolini because his widow, Romualda Puertas y Morellón requested to continue on herself, in 1880.
As she did not have the required degree and the legislation did not allow her to run the pharmacy, she was forced to name a chief pharmacist, José Úbeda y Corral. Four generations followed him to end up being under María Esteban Jiménez managing. Several modern adaptations have taken place regarding the XXI century’s demands.