This pharmacy was founded by Manuel Fernández-Prieto, the current owner’s great grandfather, who was awarded with the gold medal in the International Exhibition in the 1904 Paris Grand Palais. The prize was awarded for the throat lozenges he had created using menthol and guallazina.
The pharmacy consisted of a dispensary, a store room, an office and the laboratory. Almost all the original furnishings have been preserved, including pharmacopoeia, collections of specimen jars, tubs of ointments and creams, and pharmaceutical ingredients, as well as laboratory tools with their original labels. A highlight is the “ojo del Boticario” (the “Apothecary’s eye”), a piece of furniture where he could keep his most valuable medicines under his careful gaze.