It dates from the time of Charles III, when its back room was filled with men of science mixing their herbs and ointments. Highlights include the Baroquestyle interior decoration, which gives it an appearance more reminiscent of a palace than a pharmacy.
The rectangular space is occupied by six niches with Rococo-style decoration, containing remarkable medicine jars from Buen Retiro factory. The paintings on the walls and the chandelier hanging from the ceiling are in French style, while the back room, dating from the late 19th century, are in Art Deco style. In 1947, the proprietor, Alberto Deleuze, refurbished the façade to restore its original decoration, transforming one of its two doors into a shop window.