The bookshop and publishing house Reus was founded in 1852 in Peligros St. by the jurist from Alicante José Reus. He specialized in Law publications although Art or History books were also found there. Later on, the shop named Hijos de Reus moved to Cañizares St.
In 1924, settles at 6 Preciados. Reus was a success to the extent of quoting on the stock Exchange at the beginning of the last century. After the Civil War, the writers’ exile marked the shop’s decline. The publishing house is the only one left today. Thus, a third new coming period started again at a different address. Among its famous works, there are more than 5000 copies, such as “revista General de Legislación y Jurisprudencia”, “Biblioteca jurídica de autores españoles y extranjeros” or “ Biblioteca Filosófica de autores españoles y extranjeros”.