The shop was founded when several small shops were merged into a larger one by Leopoldo Yustas Ayuso. The shop is in Plaza Mayor, the shopping area of Hapsburg Madrid, and has been selling hats, traditional costumes and military effects since 1894.
The shop had its own workshop where they made insignia, large flags and flag badges and caps. Other products were purchased from outside, such as flags in Catalonia and traditional hats in Seville.
Today the shop’s three floors house gifts, souvenirs and china, hats and military effects. The hat section includes traditional made-to-measure hats plus other more modern styles.