Spain is a secular state. Although most of the population is Catholic, there are a number of other important religious minorities (including Protestants, Muslims and Orthodox). In the list below you should be able to find a place of worship that matches your belief system so you can practice your faith during your stay in Madrid (classification used by the Religious Pluralism Observatory in Spain).
- Foreign language religious services (click on links for days and times):
- Anglican: St. George's Anglican Church
- Interdenominational: The Community Church of Madrid
- Catholic: San Luis de los Franceses
- Catholic: Parish of San Nicolás de los Servitas
- Evangelical Lutheran: German speaking Evangelical Church
- Catholic: Chapel of San Ignacio de los Vascos
- Services in Spanish:
- Religious services at Adolfo Suárez Madrid-Barajas Airport:
Madrid´s airport has three Catholic chapels, two mosques and two prayer rooms / multi-faith rooms. Their opening days and times are available on this website.
- Religious services for the disabled:
- Further information (in Spanish):