The residence hall ‘Diego de Covarrubias’ was directly founded by Universidad Complutense de Madrid in 1952 under the name of Santa María del Campo. Its current name was coined in 1956. This men’s residence hall is directly managed by Universidad Complutense de Madrid through the administrative institution of residence halls belonging to Universidad Complutense. This institution is in charge of the management of the university’s educational tasks.
The residence hall organizes different activities during the academic year such as conferences, round tables, debates, exhibitions, courses, concerts, film projections, sports, visits to museums, trips to other towns, etc. The residence hall has single and double rooms, all of them provided with bathroom and Internet WiFi access. Besides, they have special rooms for computers, electronics, carpentry, model aircraft, radio and photography, architecture, classic music and modern music, gym, table tennis… and library (containing more than 15.000 books as well as a section for films and documentaries).